Our Brief Guide to Australian Skilled Migration Costs
If you are considering Australian immigration through the skilled pathway please consider possible costs involved.
Indeed, by skilled pathway here we mean:
- Skilled Independent subclass 189 visa
- Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa
- And subclass 489 Skilled (Regional) Provisional visa
So, your minimum immigration costs would be:
- First of all, Skills assessment. Depending on the assessing authority the skills assessment application charge would be around AUD$500 – 1,000
- Approved English language test. For example, IELTS AUD$330. For other tests please check with the providers
- Expression of Interest in SkillSelect. No charge for lodgement
- Further, State or Territory Sponsorship application for subclasses 190 and 489 only. Some States do not require a fee for the application, some State / Territories have the application charge about AUD$500 – 800
- Equally important, Visa application charge. AUD$3,670 for yourself, AUD$1,835 for your spouse and AUD$920 for each of your dependent children
- In addition, Migration Agent fees if you decide to have professional assistance. You may check our fees here https://www.australianimmigrationadvisors.com.au/fees/
- Medical examination. The cost depends on the test you are required to take, medical centre location and exchange rate. As a guide only about AUD$250 for each applicant
- Not less important, Translation of your documents. You may check the fees with an Australian translator here https://www.naati.com.au/. Roughly the translation might cost AUD$20 – 100 per document.
- Finally, certification of your documents. Please check with a local Notary / Commissioner / Lawyer
Other Things to Consider
Furthermore, the above costs do not include actual relocation and living costs and other accidental costs which you may incur. The list if costs is the guide only and they might be different depending to your individual situation. The respective authorities may change their application charges or introduce new application charges at any time without a prior notice.
Thus, please let us know if you wish to have an individual list of costs and your immigration plan professionally prepared https://www.australianimmigrationadvisors.com.au/immigration-assessment/